Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015: Day 3

For Day 3, I sat down and plied up the Two If By Hand Polwarth I had finished up the singles of.



Technical Specs:
Roving:  4 oz of  Two If By Hand Polwarth wool roving, in the "Cello Shots" colorway.
Ply:  2-ply.
Weight:  Aran/worsted.
Yardage:  175 yards.

This did turn out lovely and squishy!  The plies are a bit inconsistent, however, so I definitely need to work on that at this grist.  All in all, I'm not unhappy with the yarn - it's soft and cheerful colors, and will knit up into something warm.  Mittens?  A hat?  Nothing specific chosen for it yet.

My next spin will take me a bit longer, I suspect, since I want to spin it up as a 2-ply laceweight.

The next one up is another blended roving from the Wooly Wonka Fibers Mythical Creatures Club, Dragons.


I did start the singles after I finished plying the Polwarth so this one is underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...