Friday, July 31, 2015

Spinning Friday: July 31, 2015

Are you sick of spinning content yet?  I hope not, since it's Friday!

For my last project for the Tour, I started two 4-oz braids of a mixed BFL in the "Quest" colorway from FatCatKnits.  While I did get the singles spun up during the tour, I didn't have time to get them plied, but I finished that task up this week.





I spun this up semi-woolen to keep it fairly light and fluffy, and to match the dark brown/black natural-colored roving I had spun up previously.

Technical Specs: 
Roving:  8 oz of mixed BFL from FatCatKnits, in the "Quest" colorway.
Ply: 2-ply.
Weight: Worsted.
Yardage: 364 yards/7.8 oz.


I love the forest-y colors in this!  I think it will work great with the dark brown I spun up, but I don't have enough yardage from those total 13 oz to quite get a sweater for myself knit.


So... I'm thinking I will add a few other solid colors in stripes or as colorwork against the dark brown in a yoke.  Maybe some herb greens and a golden brown?  Still pondering my options on this, but I'm excited to have this much of a potential sweater already spun up and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...