Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tour De Fleece 2015: Day 1

I'm going to try to keep up with posting daily during the Tour de Fleece, but I'll likely be a day behind, so here's day 1

I decided to start with my Wooly Wonka Fibers Mermaids roving, which was the May Mythical Creatures Club offering. It's a blend of blue and sea-green merino and a white soy (about a 60/40 mix).


I divided the braid in half and then spun up each half separately for a 2-ply yarn.


At the end of day 1, I had finished all 4 oz of singles and they are ready to be plied.  Super easy spin - lovely and soft fiber and I had no prep work to do on it - I just split the braid and started spinning.

Today's task is plying these up and I may try to get started on the next braid in my basket as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...