Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday: February 25, 2015.

Sekret Knitting:

  • I finished up the pair of mitts that was on the needles.  The draft is written and off to my tech editor.
  • I am working on sock #2, and thru the heel turn and about halfway down the foot.  The plan is to get these finished up this week, finalize the pattern and get that sent on to my tech editor as well. 
  • I need to work on some charting for a shawl that I'll need to prioritize as the next project to be knit, so that's also on the to-do list this week. 
Personal Knitting:

I lied to y'all.  I decided, after looking at how scruffy my current hat collection is, I needed a new hat. I cast on Hoarfrost, which is a nice little basic slouch style hat.  I'm using my "Little House" handspun, which is a Finn wool, and is lovely, bouncy, and soft.



I highly recommend this pattern for handspun - it's pretty forgiving in terms of yarn weight.  The original was knit with a MadTosh DK-weight yarn, and this is a little bit heavier (closer to worsted weight), but the stretchy 1x1 ribbing at the band makes it fit nicely - not too snugly, not too loosely.

I think I've got another pair of mittens to cast on next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...