Friday, February 13, 2015

Spinning Friday: February 13, 2015

This past week or so, I've been spinning deep stash fiber - this is the final 5 oz of a blended roving I had made when we lived in Vermont (yikes! at least 10 years ago!).  The alpaca is from my friend, Terry's farm, Snowshoe Alpacas, and the angora is from my bunny, Hank, both in a natural fawn color.


I'm spinning this up as a challenge fiber for February - one that kind of keeps popping up in the stash again and again (aka Groundhog Day). This has been in my stash for so long, I'm really delighted I'm spinning it up although it's a bit bittersweet since it is the last of the fiber I had processed from my bunny boys.


The first bobbin of singles is done.  It's a slow go right now - I haven't had a lot of time to spin, but I'm also spinning this fairly fine to keep it in the light fingering weight category when it's plied since it'll be very warm.  I'm hoping to have a bit of time to start the second half on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...