Spinning Friday: January 30, 2015

This week's fiber is all spun up  - it's the January club fiber from my Wooly Wonka Fibers Mythical Creatures club.  Each month I'm dyeing two colorways - one handpaint and one kettle dye that coordinate.  This month's colorways were Mirkwood (the kettle dye/solid) and Elves (the multicolor), both on Shetland wool roving.



I spun the Elves braid I grabbed for myself up in a fractal spin.  I split the braid in thirds, and broke one third into halves length-wise, the second third into quarters and the third third into twelfths.


Technical Specs: 
Roving: 4 oz of  Shetland wool roving from Wooly Wonka Fibers.
Ply: 3-ply.
Weight: Sportweight. 
Yardage: 301 yards/3.6 oz

I had originally thought I'd maybe knit some socks with this, but my buddy, Dilshani, really loved the yarn, so it's off to live at her house already!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 33

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 30