Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekending: January 18, 2015

D headed off with a friend for a guy's weekend on Thursday, and I had plans to get a lot of things done around the house, but he called me on Friday a.m. and said they were already headed home.  He had come down with some kind of stomach flu (and his friend's little one had as well), so they arrived back here Friday mid-day.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed all the nasty bugs stay away from me!

So in between making some chicken soup and running out to grab some 7-Up for him, I did a quick run to Yarn and Coffee in Santa Fe to drop off a big yarn order, and worked in the studio as well with lots of dyeing for another big order as well, plus some smaller dye runs for my first spring show, the Dallas/Fort Worth Fiber Fest that's in March.

In between times, I did a bunch of knitting and I finished up my Wood Hollow Mittens.  I love how these mittens knit up, and they are so fun to work up in handspun.  (This is a worsted-weight BFL handspun in the "Herbes de Provence" colorway from Oceanwind Knits - out of deep stash.)


These are going into the donation box for the Mittens for Akkol orphanage.  The only modification I made was to add a couple rounds of ribbing - they asked specifically for slightly longer cuffs on any mittens we sent, so I made sure to do that.  They are soft and warm - I hope they make one of the kids happy too!

Finally.... a fun giveaway to announce.  My friend, Andi, is doing a give-away of the entire Ebook copy of Legendary Knits, V3, right now on her blog. If you'd like to be entered in the running to win a copy, please check out her post from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...