WIP Wednesday: January 28, 2015
- For shawl project #1, I'm just over the halfway point on the border. My plan is to get this finished up this week.
- I haven't touched shawl project #2 at all. I've had a few other things pushed ahead of this in the queue, so I'm putting it in limbo for a bit until I can move through those.
- I've just cast-on for a pair of summery socks, so those will be my go-to project for a while after shawl #1 is done.
- You saw I finished my Hecate Shawl up with Monday's post.
- I decided on a very basic ribbed-cuff, stockinette hand pair of mittens to knit next. I'm vaguely using numbers out of the Ann Budd book for these. I grabbed a skein of handspun out of stash and I'm using that. (This is a 2-ply Finn that I spun up at the end of 2014). These are earmarked for more orphan box donations.
I had considered another mittens pattern but I was 99% sure I didn't have enough yardage to complete the mittens using it, so I'm going with a simpler pattern for these. No particular deadline on these, but they will likely go fairly quickly since it's a pretty plump yarn.