Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Weekending

I had planned to have a fairly quiet weekend since this is my only weekend in September that I'm at home, but we were super busy at my DayJob, to the point that administration put some incentive pay in place, which I decided to take advantage of. I worked a full shift on Thursday, and then a couple of hours on Friday and a couple of hours on Saturday, and here it is Sunday and time to work my normal shift to start the week!

In between those work hours, I cleaned up my studio post-dyeing frenzy from Salida, and got to work on filling my display baskets for the trunk show at Yarn and Coffee in Santa Fe this upcoming weekend (and starting refilling the travel bins to take to the Heart of NM show the following weekend), as well as working on the last Heroines small shawl kits for this year, which go out at the end of this month.

I did do a bit of knitting on a couple of Sekret Knitting projects and I did allow myself a couple hours of fun time for spinning.

I also pulled some fiber out for Spinzilla.  I wanted to at least pull some tentative fiber choices together so I'd have time to do any prep beforehand.


These are (from top left-hand corner, clockwise):  Butterfly Girl batt (SW merino, silk and glitter), Urban Gypz Corriedale, Two If By Hand Falkland, Bride Flight Studio alpaca/merino/silk, and FatCatKnits BFL.  I tried for a mixture of some plain wool and some luxury blend, and various color families.  I'm going to try to get through at least the first four at a minimum, but we'll see how my time goes that week once we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...