Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pattern Release: Montmartre Scarf

I've got a new pattern release to share today, and I'll have copies of it and the yarn to make it with available at Salida this weekend.

This is the Montmartre Scarf.  Named after the famed cobblestone streets of this district in Paris, the scarf features a textured knit/purl stitch combination resembling those bumpy streets.


Each end of the scarf features garter stitch stripes interspersed with the knit/purl stitches.  The center of the scarf is knit with just the textured knit/purls.  This is a one-skein project, which I knit with Wooly Wonka Fibers Freya DK, in the "Hydrangea" colorway, which has 300 yards per skein.


It would also work as a great stashbusting project and a nice unisex present to go in your holiday gift-giving bin - it's never too early to think about knitting for the holidays!  Pick any lightweight DK or sportweight yarn that has a bit of a drape to it when blocked.

A big thank-you to my photographer, Dilshani Tyson, and my model, Ellen.  You can tell we had fun with this shoot; Ellen's got a great smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...