Weekending

A little of this, a little of that this weekend.

I spent a lot of time in my studio getting ready for my September fiber shows in Salida, Colorado, and ABQ, plus working on a wholesale order.  I have a ways to go, but I did get most of the wholesale order dyed (waiting to be reskeined) and finished up a couple of the yarn bases I want to take to Salida.

I did a bit of "for fun" knitting on another pair of donation socks, but I also took several hours and enjoyed working on the anniversary quilt.  I have finished up block four, which is a cute little snowman and bird applique, and then pieced "snowballs" to frame it.  I have started block five, which is all applique, and I hope to get a bit of time to work on that this upcoming week one night.


I also played around with my machine a bit.  In the past, I've had very basic, sturdy, sew a ton of miles on kind of machines, but the new one I upgraded to a year or so ago has a bunch of decorative stitches, so I tried some of those out, and found one that looks a bit like a blanket stitch to use on the next little mini wall-hanging I'm working on (that is made with fusible applique).  It's quite fun and I can see myself using several of these to jazz up these smaller wall-hangings I want to make at some point.

Otherwise, I finished up the final sample (still have pattern grading to do) for The Book yesterday, and started on my next project, which is for Twist Collective's Winter 2014 collection.  Fun!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 33

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 30