Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekending

This weekend, D had a 2-day event to attend down in ABQ, so we decided to make a weekend out of it, and I went down with him.  We puttered around on Friday afternoon, hit Barnes and Noble, went to dinner and made an early night of it, since he needed to be ready to go the next morning around 6:45.

Saturday, I had the day all to myself really.  I got up and spent a relaxing morning reading and knitting.  Then, I showered and popped over to Village Wools to look for some buttons for two of The Book projects.  I then decided to go to the quilt store that's literally right around the corner, to browse and look for some needles and maybe the backing for the applique quilt I'm working on.  (It's a really nice store - super helpful shop ladies and they have a fun selection of a lot of nontraditional fabrics.)

They had a great extra wide (108") fabric that I picked up for the backing.  I think it'll work nicely with the other wintery prints I'm using without overpowering anything.

And speaking of the quilt, I have 98% of the next block finished.  I need to add a few snowflake embroidery details to the applique portion of it, and this block will also have side sashing of pieced "snowballs" on either side.  So... almost there with it, and my plan is to finish that up this week.



Saturday night, D and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner out at Zinc, in Nob Hill.  The waiter was very attentive without being annoying, the food was delicious, and we had a great table upstairs where we could watch the open-air kitchen where the food was prepared.  Definitely one we'll put on the return trip list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...