Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday: March 4, 2015

Sekret Knitting:
  • I started the next shawl for the Heroines Shawl club.  I am planning for it to have 4 sections, or maybe a fifth if I've got enough yardage, and I'm almost finished the first section.  My goal is to finish that section, and try to work thru the second section.
  • The other shawl project is still on hold. 
Personal Knitting: 
  • I cast on for the Furrow mittens by Kirsten Kapur.  I'm using some Harrisville Worsted from stash in Fawn and Teak with a bit of black for the contrast rows in the cuffs.  I had to drop down two needle sizes to 5s, and I wound up not increasing sts after the cuff was finished, since these were coming out pretty large.  I'm going to try to finish up mitten #1 this week.

  • I also cast on a pair of socks: The Long Dark of Moria by Claire Ellen.  She had originally knit these using Wooly Wonka Fibers Arianrhod Sock, but I had a skein of Aerten Sock in the same colorway (Avalon), so I decided to use that.  I had originally cast these on thinking I'd knit on them in the car while we drove back and forth to Taos this weekend, but then we didn't make the trip, so these will likely be my travel project for when I go to Dallas/Fort Worth in another few weeks.  Nothing specific I want to get done on these - if I feel like working on them, and have the mitten finished, I'll pick them up for a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...