Friday, November 14, 2014

Pattern Release: Wyvern Shawl

It's been live on Ravelry for a few days, but I'm just now getting around to posting it here.  The Wyvern Shawl is the first of 8 pieces that will be released as stand-alone patterns, but all of which are part of the Legendary Knits volume 3 collection.

Knit from a single skein sock/fingering weight yarn, this is a versatile pattern that can be worn as a shawl, a scarf or a cowl.


The pattern consists of a slip-stitch body with toothed lace edging.  The shawl is cast on at one short end and worked to the opposite end, shaped with increases and decreases, to achieve an elongated crescent shape.  


The textured slip-stitch works great with tonal/kettle-dyed yarns, but would also hold up nicely with a handpaint/multicolor.  Since it uses just one skein of sock yarn, you might already have a special skein just waiting to be knit up lurking in stash.


The inspiration for this piece comes from one of my favorite fairy tales, Maud and the Wyvern. Not exactly a traditional tale with a happy ending, but this one has always appealed to me for some reason.  

Photos courtesy of the ever fabulous Kristen Brooks, and of course, a big thank-you to my gorgeous model, Tori, who has seen me through this entire 3-volume collection!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...