Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday: October 29, 2014

I have finished up all my current short-term deadline knitting!  It's been a LONG time since I was able to say that, but while I do have some design projects in the works, none of them are an immediate/red-alert kind of thing - woot!  Right now, I've got a small 4-piece collection in mind that I've cast on the first piece for.  I wanted to showcase my Freya DK yarn, which I love knitting with, so all the pieces will be from that and will include a sweater, a long scarf/wrap, a cowl and a pair of mitts.

This week, in personal knitting, I'm still picking away at my Mystic Star shawl.  I knit a few rounds on that the last couple of nights and I'm going to try to do just that - knit a few rounds a day and make some slow progress on that.

I think I may toss a pair of socks on the needles at some point here in the short term as well.  It seems like a long time since I've had a pair of new handknit socks for myself and since the weather is trying to turn colder here, that seems like a good choice to keep my toes warm. My biggest problem is narrowing down a pattern choice!  I've got a ton of want-to-knit potential projects.

I have signed up to participate in an end-of-the-year SAL/KAL with one of the stashbusting groups I'm in on Ravelry.  I have not realistically had the time to keep up with spinning fiber from my Handspinner's Club this year, but I'm hoping to change that going forward.  I decided I'm going to spin up 4 oz of the October mostly-solid colorway - Bordeaux.


I dyed this colorway on an 80% white merino and 20% black silk base, and I think it's going to be gorgeous spun up.   My plan is to spin this up in November and then, assuming yardage and grist work out okay, knit up Judy Marples' Amberwell Shawl during December.  I think it'll be a fun project - not too big (and yes, I scaled down from another shawl pattern I wanted to make but that required spinning 8 oz, and I'm trying not to overextend myself - everyone is shocked by this, I know!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...