Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekending: 04/07/2014

I had a lovely quiet weekend - lots of knitting time and I caught up on some BBC programs I'd been wanting to watch:  Whitechapel with Rupert Penry-Jones (not for the faint-hearted but a contemporary police drama in 3 episodes with a copy-cat Jack the Ripper) and Vera (seasons 1 AND 2) with Brenda Blethyn, who I love in everything I've ever seen her in. She's wonderful as detective Vera Stanhope.  Reminds me a bit of my gram in this role!

I don't have a lot of knitting I can actually show you, but I did knit up a cabled tam and wrote the pattern for that.  I'm working on a project as well for the next Jane Austen Knits, due out later this fall, and I'm in the final third or so of the knitting for that as well.  I'm hoping to have that project done and off the needles by the end of this upcoming week.

Otherwise, I puttered around inside, made a little apple spice crisp for breakfasts this week, and was generally a couch potato.  A nice change from the crazy-busy we normally wind up packing into the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...