Spinning Friday: June 19, 2015

This week I have another finished spin to share!  I dyed myself up a braid of BFL/silk (75/25) in the "Wine Country" colorway, which was from last year's fiber club.


I divided the braid into equal thirds, and I then spun each third lengthwise, leaving one third intact, to spin end-to-end; breaking the second third into 2 halves lengthwise; and breaking the final third into fourths lengthwise for a fractal spin.


Technical Specs:
Roving:  3.6 oz of 75/25 BFL wool/silk roving in the "Wine Country" colorway from Wooly Wonka Fibers.
Ply:  2-ply.
Weight:  Sport.
Yardage: 289 yards.


Finished fiber is earmarked for a pair of socks.

Next Friday, we'll be at the 1-week mark before the 2015 Tour de Fleece starts, so I'll be back to show what I've picked to spin for the Tour this year!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 33

2016 Reading Challenge: Week 30