And for good or for bad, when I started going through the bins to see what I might want to get rid of, I realized my Ravelry stash list is in NO WAY up-to-date. Not even close. Not even close to close. Particularly in the spinning fibers department. (And Ravelry now has a really nice fiber stash feature, so there's no reason not to take advantage of it).
So.... here's what I've decided. I'm still obviously going to put design things at the front of the knit-this-first list. But I'm going to:
- Document what I've actually got. This will do a couple of things. I'll be able to go through all my storage bins and if there IS anything I want to list for sale, I'll do that - or donate it to a good cause to be used. It will also help me put all of that info into Ravelry so I can use the databases there to link up patterns and yarns/fibers. Finally, it'll hopefully keep me honest, because instead of thinking I only had 14 skeins or so of fingering weight, the real number is (cough....much... cough) more than that.
- Start going through and choosing some (likely smaller) projects to use up some of my single skeins. I've got some gorgeous handspun that I'd like to get knit up into some fun accessories for the cooler months. I've also got some nice yarn that I know will be lovely in a project, but maybe isn't something I'd wear myself, so I've decided to commit some of the finished stash projects to the Mittens for Akkol orphanage project. I've been a member of the group as a lurker for several years, having not had a lot of time to knit for them, but they are a very worthwhile charity group, and it makes me feel good that anything I knit will be well used and well loved by the kids.