Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekending: July 6th, 2014

I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July if you are here in the US!

D and I enjoyed our Friday and Saturday off together.  Nothing earth-shattering, but we cooked out on the grill, I made some homemade yogurt, and he went and did a competitive skeet shoot (clay targets) down near ABQ on Saturday.  I got a bunch of things taken care of on Saturday, including getting another pattern draft written, and making good progress on two more Book projects.

Despite the fact that the weather has been sort of teasing us with the promise of rain with lots of clouds most afternoons, it's been sunny and warm in the mornings, so I also got a shawl and a men's sweater blocked, which had been waiting patiently for me to do that.

Are y'all watching the Tour de France this year?  It kicked off yesterday.  I have to admit I'm a wee bit sad that I'm not participating in the Tour de Fleece this year, but spinning definitely has to take a back seat to getting all these sweater knit, so maybe next year.  (I'm really hoping the schedule is clear enough I can do Spinzilla in October tho!!).

If you missed the video about it, Harrogate residents knit up 22,000 little yellow, polka-dotted, green and white mini sweaters to use as bunting throughout the town.  Absolutely genius and completely fun.  Do read about it here.  I think you'll enjoy hearing about it and seeing the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...