Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weekending

As you might have guessed from last Sunday's post, my birthday was this week - this weekend, actually.

Saturday was a busy day, but still very nice to celebrate.  The a.m. was taken up with a photo shoot for a few new designs that will be released early next year, and then a good friend and her family threw a little cook-out bash for me which was great fun!

Since I have also cast on for the final sample I'm working on personally for The Book, I spent some time working on my quilting projects.

I completely finished the two block 3s for the winter-themed lap quilt.  (and yes, these are on two different background fabrics - they are in two separate places on the quilt top).


I also got the first of 4 blocks pieces and appliqued for a fall themed table runner.


I've also started on the next quilt block for the winter-themed quilt, which is about 3/4s applique, and doesn't look like much yet, but I'm hoping to finish that up in the next week or so.  That will leave me 3 "commando" applique blocks, which are fairly detailed pieces, and then a pair of pieced blocks to do, plus sashings and borders.  I'm hoping for a bit more time to work on that when October and November arrive!

1 comment:

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...