Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekending

A lovely weekend here - the weather was just about picture perfect all weekend long.  I took several long walks with our younger dog (younger being relative - she's almost 9, but still acts like a puppy sometimes - but definitely younger than my very geriatric 14-year-old who mostly likes sleeping these days).

I also tried out a recipe variation for some muffins.  I have an easy gluten-free pumpkin muffin that is quite good.  This weekend, I tried it out with the replacement of coconut milk with orange juice for the liquid, added in some extra pumpkin pie spices, and added in orange zest and fresh cranberries. These came out REALLY GOOD.  I had one warm from the oven with a cup of tea while I spun a bit on Sunday afternoon.



Not surprisingly, I also worked on several knitting projects this weekend.  I think I've got about 3 more repeats of the lace border pattern on my Amberwell shawl and then it can come off the needles, which I'm hoping to do this week.  I worked on several Sekret Knitting project things, drafted a couple of patterns to work on next, and generally had a lovely relaxing weekend.

PS:  For those of you who have interest, I've set up an Instagram account.  There will be some shop-related posts there, but it'll also have some personal photos as well.  If you have an account, please let me know as I'd love to follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...