Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fairwater Cardigan

Finally some knitting I can actually talk about!  I finished knitting this sample LAST July, if you can believe that, but between one thing and another that took priority, I wound up putting this on the back burner through the winter but finally got the grading finished so it can be released.  



This is the Fairwater Cardigan.  It's knit with a laceweight yarn for the body, and a fingering weight yarn for the garter stitch stripes and bands.  I used Wooly Wonka's Thalia Lace and Nimue Sock, both merino/silk blends, in the colorway Ensign.


The cardi is knit from the bottom hem up to the armholes.  The sleeves are knit in the round, then everything is joined and knit up thru the yoke to the neckline.  I chose to just put buttons at the yoke, but it would work just as well with a row of buttons the entire length of the front.  The body of the sweater is slightly sheer, very lightweight and drapey, and the sweater has a pretty slight A-line shape to it for easy in layering over a tank top, tee or summery dress.

A really big thank you to my friend, Christina, who shot photos for me, and for Amy for modeling for me.

I've been wearing this one quite a bit and it reminds me I need to knit some actual garments in my size to wear!  Something I rarely get to do anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the yoke and the lightweight fabric would make it wearable all year round. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...