Wednesday, September 30, 2015

WIP Wednesday: September 30, 2015

Sekret Knitting:

  • I finished up the sample and the pattern for the piece that's for the Interweave compilation.  It's off with testers right now, but I'm in good shape for my October 17th deadline for this, I think!
  • Since that project is off the needles, I started work on a project using Wooly Wonka Fibers Aeslin DK that will be part of a loosely organized Steampunk collection.  I'm working this project up in the "Spice" colorway (which I think is a perfect fall color too).

  • And finally, I had a project accepted for one of Knitpicks collections for 2016, so I've started work on that this week.  Waiting on some other/more yarn from them to really get cranking on this, but I had 1 skein already of one of the colors I'm using so I worked up my charts and got that cast on. 
Personal Knitting:  Still nothing on the go for me right now, although I am seriously considering knitting myself a couple of cowls for the fall.  I'm not sure if I will do that or maybe focus on some other handicraft projects for a bit.  For good or for bad, when I have deadline knitting - of which I have a lot in the queue happening right now - I tend to just focus on that in terms of my knitting time. I'll think about it over the next week and see what I want to do.  A couple of quick and easy projects that use up stash sound really fun - must be the fact that it's fall and prime knitting season right now?

PS - If you are heading to Taos Sheep and Wool this weekend, I will be at Mooncat Fibers in town on Bent Street with a trunk show of my Free Spirit Knits pieces from 10-4 and would love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...