Sunday, August 23, 2015

Spinning Friday: The Late Edition

It completely slipped my mind to pull the trigger on this post on Friday, my usual spinning blogging day, so here it is:

Up this week is the mixed BFL braid dyed in the "Dryad" colorway from Wooly Wonka Fibers Mythical Creatures club.


I spun this up into a fractal spin - which apparently is becoming my go-to method for a lot of handpaints, but I love how it makes long stretches of a single color and then shorter breaks of blended colors.

Technical specs:
Roving:  100% mixed (ecru and brown) Blue-Faced Leicester wool.
Ply:  2-ply.
Weight: Sportweight.
Yardage/Oz: 238 yards/3.6 oz.


This came out lovely and soft - I spun it semiwoolen to try to keep some air and fluffiness in it.  No specific plans for it at this point, but it'll head into the handspun stash to marinate for a bit.


This week, I'm working on a larger (almost 8 oz) spin that I'm spinning fairly fine - a blended roving from Hilltop Cloud in a William Morris-inspired colorway I'm loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...