Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday: April 22, 2015

Whew!  That's pretty much the operative word here 24/7 right now.  I am back from the Interweave Yarn Fest, which was a GREAT show.  Wonderful folks came through my shop, and I had time to chat with one of my editors for the Interweave book, plus Spin-Off magazine editor, Anne Merrow, as well!  I had a ton of sales, and I also picked up some other custom indie design work, which is great!

So just a quick recap and then I really hope I am getting back to normal around here, despite still having the ABQ Fiber Fiesta in a month.   I'm still working on the ongoing wholesale orders list, but I'm just about there with the MONSTER one, and I've got the fiber club for this month done, and just a few more skeins to go for the next Heroines club.

Sekret Knitting:

  • I finished up a contract knit for Jen at Spirit Trail Fiberworks that will be featured in her booth at Maryland Sheep and Wool this year, my Fragaria Shawl. Knit from just 1 skein of her Brigantia yarn, it features strawberry lace and basketweave motifs in a semicircular shape.
  • On the needles right now, I'm working on a bonus project as a giveaway for anyone who preorders my Interweave book, soon to be up on Amazon.  It'll be a single-skein lace cowl and it's themed around a desert flowering plant. 
  • I'm also working on the next Heroines shawl club project and I'm about halfway through that piece - heading into those long final rows.
Personal Knitting:  While I do have a pair of socks on the needles, they aren't getting a lot of knit time right now as you might guess!  Those probably will stay on hold until the summer when things should (finally!) quiet down a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...