Friday, January 19, 2018

Knitting Update: January 19, 2018

I finished up my Bolt Shawl this week.  I knit mine using 2 colors of Aerten Sock (80/10/10 SW merino/cashmere/nylon) in Soot (dark gray) and Chimney Sweep (speckle dye).



Pattern design by Veera Valimaki.  I used approximately 260 yards/60 g of Chimney Sweep and 218 yards/50 g of Soot to knit mine.


Very fun construction - and a quick knit to boot.  It features garter stitch stripes, short row shaping, multidirectional knitting and some plain garter stitch.   I would categorize this more as a large scarf than a true shawl - it's not very big - but it was a blast to knit AND I got to use a couple of my favorite colorways for the Wooly Wonkapalooza "gray" prompt. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...