Friday, October 13, 2017

Knitting Friday - October 13, 2017

I finished up my Gravel Socks last night and aren't they fun?


I knit these using Wooly Wonka Fibers Beryl Sock.  The colorway is Under the Cherry Tree.  While I'm not normally a fan of loud, handpaint colorways, for whatever reason (purple?) I love how these turned out.  The front has a simple knit/purl textured pattern that helps to break up the handpaint.  (Although nicely enough, this colorway doesn't particularly pool).  The back of the leg/sole is just basic stockinette.  I used the Fish Lips Kiss Heel for my heels on these.

Because the Beryl Sock is a bit plumper than many sock yarns, I went down to the 56-stitch leg circumference size and they fit perfectly.


I've also cast on for a lace/stashbuster project:  Romi Hill's Sagebrush Infinity Scarf.  I'm using a skein of a merino singles from Tale and Tendril's Etsy shop in the Gringots colorway. 


Just a few repeats in and, as with a lot of lace, it doesn't look like much at this point - but I love the colorway with this pattern and it's knitting up into a deliciously soft fabric.  I'll be working on that as a travel project next week.

I also dyed up yarn yesterday for a new sweater: Comfort Fade Cardi.  I had been toying with the idea of knitting up one of these "fade" cardigans to showcase some yarn colorways for the shop, but when Drea Renee Knits released this one yesterday, that shawl collar just grabbed me so I dyed up a sweater's worth of DK merino for myself yesterday and I'm going to cast on for that tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...