Friday, June 30, 2017

Spinning Friday: June 30, 2017

I finished up the FatCatKnits BFL/silk (75/25) roving I had on the wheel this past week, in preparation for kicking off the Tour De Fleece tomorrow!


I spun each of the individual colorways (which were 2.5 oz each) and then plied them together.  I love the effect this created - a sort of stained-glass look.


Roving: 75/25 Blue-faced Leicester/silk roving from FatCatKnits Mixed Blessings Club, Autumn 2011.
Weight: Fingering weight/sock weight.
Yardage/Ounces: 547 yards/4.8 oz.

No immediate plans for this, but it'll go in the handspun stash bin until I'm ready for it.

On to TdF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIPocalypse October 2018 Check-In

I worked on a bunch of things this month as I've settled back into a 5-day rotation on my projects, which seems to be working pretty wel...