WIP Wednesday: February 10, 2016
- I finished up the second Heroines Club shawl and blocked it. I even shot photos for it yesterday and my tester is finishing up her version.
- I'm halfway up sleeve #1 of the current sweater project, and I've cast on for the body. I had some detail at the bottom hem I needed to fuss with regarding numbers, but that was less painful than I thought it might be (easy in fact), and so I am now cruising along on the body. This is my focus project for the next couple of weeks.
- I finished my Dewberry cowl and love it! It's soft and drapey, and was a quick fun project that used up some handspun. What's not to love? My version used a sportweight yarn - the pattern was written for Aran, so it's a bit smaller than the original. I'm actually thinking I might knit it again in a heavier yarn just because.
- With Dewberry off the needles, I cast on a Quaker Yarn Stretcher with my recently spun Mirro Lake colorway BFL from Three Waters Farm. I'm a bit farther along since this picture was taken - I knit on this during the Superbowl this weekend, and it's a quick and easy knit as well, so I made a lot of progress on it.
At the rate I'm going, I'll probably have this finished up this weekend as well, and I've selected a more complex pattern to knit up with a gradient skein of handspun for my next on-the-needles project.
- I have finished up the March self-striping socks colorway - those will preview on the podcast on Monday.